Meditation Minding Your Mind: "Bliss Moves"
Taking the stress out of stressful situations is something we all would love to learn how to do, right? Well, according to recent research, meditation (a simple and ancient practice of quieting one's breath and thoughts) has become an emerging stress management tool and can actually do the following:
- Reduce high blood pressure
- Improve all-around wellness and spiritual connectedness to self and other.
Here are some simple tips on stilling your self with meditation:
Place and Time:
- Find a quiet place clear from any external distractions. Give your self at least 15 minutes to meditate.
- Sit in a chair or cross-legged on the floor using pillows to support yourself as needed. Now, bring your attention to your breath. Take three deep breaths and allow your self to be relaxed as you naturally become centered. Breathe deeply and naturally.
- Think of a word that brings peace to your mind (e.g., God, Love, Peace, etc.)
- Close your eyes and focus your awareness on your breath and power word. Now combine your power word with your breathing. Repeat your power word to yourself quietly. If thoughts come up, ignore them and refocus on your power word. Try to meditate for at least 15 minutes to get the best results.